Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Day 10: Fail Early


I now have a full-time job working as an Admin/Marketing/HR/Web Designer/Teacher.  Small businesses work out that way where someone has to wear multiple hats in order to get work done.  My company sent me to a three hour marketing class.

So I go, I take good business notes, and then the teacher said this:

"Fail Early"

Why?  It's not the end of the world if you fail early since you have time to readjust.  What he didn't state was, "it's harder to fail later, what time do you have?"

I cringe when I hear people tell me that they have a story to tell, but they need this to write the story, or the world is against them so that is why the story is not going to work.

Hey, maybe it'll work out for them later in life, but that doesn't account for failing.  This blog is titled "retailmfailure" because, simply, I intend to fail -- a lot.  Not because I'm not trying to succeed, but I can't control those who says my work is worthwhile or not -- and people have different tastes.

So back on topic with process.  It's 9:00 at night, and I plan to transcribe another poem.  I have transcribed poems which I put into the tier 3 category after trying so hard to make it work.  But it won't work.  It's a failure in that angle for now -- time to try my luck again.


No comments:

Post a Comment