Saturday, June 28, 2014

Day 42: All the Typing is Done


Well.  It's been a while, but I've been focusing on typing up the poems on the legal pads which was a good exercise.  Changed some stuff, looked over other things.  Here are my numbers currently:

Tier 1 -- Should be still the same with 32
Tier 2 -- 106 -> 149  (43 change)
Tier 3 -- 177 -> 257 (80 change)

This would mean I wrote 123 poems throughout the 2012 - 2014 year.  The majority of these poems were responses to the "if" questions that I posted every day on Facebook.

That some interesting data.


At times like these, I wonder what drives me.

Support, well, it's hard to figure out what that means to me.  I haven't had anyone read over my work for a while.  Even though I ask from time to time, either people don't respond or a brief discussion and we go our separate ways.  Life happens.

But I know people are rooting for me as far as congratulating publications and what not.

I think I'm awkward when it comes to poetry.

I mean, I do care a lot about poems and poetry, but if I don't get feedback or have anyone read my work except for publishers, I'm okay with that because I've trained myself to be okay with that.  But I know I will need feedback soon.

But I placed a white-board next to myself to support me.  It's kind of weird to think about, me supporting me basically, but I guess when I think when times a rough, I look at the board and read something from a past version of me who believes there's a goal I can attain.

I find that comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment