Monday, April 20, 2015

Twenty: The Original Dream Part 2

I wouldn't shut up about writing.  So these are my plots and these are my characters and this is what's going to happen, and, and, and.  Shut up and write instead of talking about writing.  And so I did.

When I was a junior in high school, someone recommended me to an artist to talk about creating a comic book.  I agreed and did my best to create a script for the comic book.  But looking back we didn't really work around each other, and we had our own ideas on how to create a comic book.

We tried twice:

The first idea was to create a boy and his monster.  I thought it'd be sweet if the monster was the manifestation of the boy when he got angry -- a hulk type of experience, but looking back, I think I should've collaborated more about the idea and see how it went.  Maybe be a bit more supportive of the artist.

The second idea I liked, and still do today.  The title of the comic was Double Helix.  What I didn't realize at the time was the underlying focus of the comic was about San Jose -- the flatlands as I call it.  The male protagonist came from a well to do family from the hills loved racing (initial D style racing) and  a female protagonist flatlander with  a good singing voice.

The end of the first comic was he almost running into her in the middle of a race.

But time goes one, we're doing our own things now.  I still think it's worthwhile to collaborate with people -- but I was never one to find or give the middle ground in such collaborations.

No comments:

Post a Comment